Thursday, June 9, 2011

PANAMA - THE INJURED LIST



so in typical christy fashion i injured myself while staying on a remote island.

coming in from surfing one day i jammed my two toes on rocks and sliced my big toe open on shell or coral. luckily for me there was a retired doctor staying at the camp working as a guide. he spent 30 minutes digging through my toe with tweezers picking out pieces of shell and cleaning it up to fight against infection. (apparently it's pretty easy to get staph infection in the jungle).

there weren't tools for stitches so he butterfly bandaged it up, wrapped some napkins around it and covered it in medical tape. i took a shot of rum and a pain killer and we went on with our day. needless to say i couldn't get back in the water for the rest of the trip.

chris took pictures of the whole affair like a good boyfriend does.

No comments:

Post a Comment