Monday, April 21, 2014

MY BEEF WITH INSTAGRAM

don't get me wrong, i love instagram. i love scrolling through my endless feed checking up on what everyone's doing through photos. it's much better than facebook with the ads and page suggestions and games. my beef with it comes from how it's effecting my own picture taking.

pre-Gram, i took all my photos on film. but now i find myself splitting up my picture making into two categories: things that work for social media, and those that are better for film - and film seems to be losing the battle more and more.

it probably makes it worse that since i've been pregnant i had to stop carrying my bulky film camera around all the time to try and save my spine.

hopefully once it's nice outside and i can travel again and move and shake a little more i'll be able to shoot more film. at least that's what i'll tell myself for now

No comments:

Post a Comment