Wednesday, May 9, 2012

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A SLOTH CAKE

not sure if you know this, but me and my friends like to make each other awesome birthday cakes.

one of my bestie's, julia, always makes radical cakes for my birthday (28, 29) so i jumped at the chance to return the favor for her 30th this weekend. we all decided her love of sloths meant one thing = sloth cake, and i stepped up to the challenge.

I made 7 different cakes to build the body, used fondant to form the claws, and died shredded coconut green for the grass. here's the process in photo form:






ta-daaaaaaa
sloth cake.
pretty proud of this guy

12 comments:

  1. Unbelievable!!!! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you were my friend. i love sloths. so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake! What type of icing did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hayleigh! I just used the canned Pillsbury stuff you can find at the store., and a fork to get the texture

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many boxes of cake did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think two or three? However many it took to fill those cake pans!

      Delete
  6. Hi. Love the cake! My niece wants me to make her a sloth cake for her birthday :) Do you know what size cake pans you used? Thanks Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg my bday is tomorrow so gonna make this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my cousin wants to bum that cake

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you bent or something

    ReplyDelete
  10. What size cake pans did you use? The cake is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete